Monday, October 2, 2017

Short Stop in Kenyasi

Sept. 26-Oct. 1, 2017

MTC Group Elders 


Hello Family and Friends!

It has been another sweet week in the mission field with a lot of change! I am now in a new area called Kenyasi. It is on the complete other side of Kumasi than Asouyaboa . Kenyasi is a very small town, but one of the newer areas of Kumasi, so it is very nice. I am currently with a new companion as well. His name is Elder Buabin and he is form Cape Coast, Ghana. He has been in the area for almost 6 months. All of the members call him "the landlord of Kenyasi". He knows everything about this area because he has been here for so long.  Sadly, there will be change again for me in 2 weeks. Elder Buabin was called to train this transfer, but his trainee entered the MTC late. His new companion will be entering the mission field in the middle of transfers. When he comes, (2 weeks from Wednesday) I will be kicked out of the area and will go into my 3rd area and 4th companion on the mission. It will be an interesting next couple of weeks.














So far, the area has been awesome. It reminds me a lot of my last area. The past couple of days my companion took me around Kenyasi so I could meet the members and investigators. The branch seems really powerful. They struggle with a lot of things, but the foundation and organization is there. The Branch President is an awesome guy.  The branch attendance is very seasonal because the majority of the members are students that attend the nearby university. When school is in session the branch is very large, but when the students go on vacation the branch attendance really suffers. It is a tough problem they deal with.

Kenyasi Branch Chapel 


On Sunday morning, we headed to the stake center in Dichemso for General Conference.  We were able to watch the  Saturday morning, afternoon and priesthood sessions via satellite.  Due to the time difference, we could not watch Sunday's sessions. Ghana is 8 hours ahead of Salt Lake City, Utah. The sessions I did watch were amazing. I really loved Pres. Nelson's talk on the Book of Mormon and how he spoke about GHANA! ;-) I like the part when he was talking about the king that said, "You could have given me rubies or diamonds but nothing is more precious than the additional knowledge of Jesus Christ found in the Book of Mormon." We all need to have that same thought. The Book of Mormon is worth so much, we need to value it in our lives.  We need to cherish and love the Book of Mormon. We need to study and ponder it daily!

Ghana won the African West Cup of National Futbol. Everyone here went crazy! It was pretty great. Everything is going very well. I love being a missionary!

I love you all and hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
Elder Ordyna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...