Monday, October 16, 2017

Full Strength 100%

Dichemso Zone

Dear family and friends,

I am officially doing much better and am now at 100%. This week has been so much more enjoyable because I am healthy and was able to go out and do the Lord's work! I was blessed with a speedy and full recovery. As a missionary, I have really seen the Lord's hand not only in my life but also in the lives of my investigators. Teaching others about Jesus Christ and seeing them keep their commitments has given me so much joy! During my personal study, I was reading in 3rd Nephi when the Savior visits the Nephites. I got to the part where it reads "Remember where your treasures are your heart is also". That verse stuck out to me. It is absolutely true. If our treasures are worldly possessions we will only care about those things but if we put our treasures in the gospel then our hearts will continually be focused on those things. And we will be able to see the Lord's hand in our lives and receive the blessings from living the gospel. I know that as we do so our lives will be much happier! 
A group of church members came past our apartment chanting, playing drums and just being super loud during...of course... STUDY time. It seems like every apartment has something like this. My last apartment in Asuoyeboa had a preacher woman that would play music and scream into a microphone every morning beginning at 5 am. My Kenyasi apartment also has Islamic mosque right outside the window and at 5 am on super loud speakers they call everyone to prayer. 
Elder Buabin, Me, and members Harrison and Tetteh

This week I was able to attend my third zone conference. Man, the time is absolutely flying! I am almost to six months! At the zone conference, we reviewed many of the things that we learned from the previous zone conferences. The main thing that I got out of it is that we need to continue to review our goals and the things that we have learned so that we can check our progress and see how we are doing on living those things. It is one thing to learn something but it is a completely better thing to live and apply what we have learned. This is especially true in the gospel. We can learn principles of the gospel but it is not until we fully apply and do the things that we have learned our faith grow and we will experience blessings.
I had an interview with President Cosgrave this past Friday and learned that because of some changes in the mission I will be staying in Kenyasi until the end of the transfer! Which I am really excited about. I will have the opportunity to get to know the members even more. Plus, we have some really powerful progressing investigators that are super close to baptism! Kenyasi is awesome and I am really enjoying my time here!
Hope you all have another wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Ordyna


Eating Ampesie (Boiled Yam and Stew) with members Harrison and Tetteh



Dichemso Zone Conference

At the Kenyasi Chapel with the Ward Members for Mid-Week


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...