Monday, September 25, 2017

Extreme Makeover Apartment Edition and Transfer News


Letter from Elder Mubenga (Elie Mbenza)

Elder ordyna is leaving I am going to miss him a lot, i will miss him not just because he was a very good friend to me but rather of who i am ever since he is close to me. I grateful to be the one to train that great man and brother.
i will have an liberian as companion. so i am ready to work
much love 
Elder Mubenga



Hello family and friends,

I will leave my current area Asuoyeboa 2 after only two transfers and head to Kenyasi, a small village just outside Kumasi on Wednesday. My new companion is from Cape Coast Ghana. It should be a very interesting area. It is out in the bush and it will be my very first time serving in a branch. I am really excited for change but very sad to leave my current area. I love the members and all of my investigators I have met here in Asuoyeboa. But, part of missionary work is change!

The Brethren of Asuoyeboah (Elder Woaplah, Elder Vaituulala, Elder Mubenga and Elder Ordyna)


This week we had painters and carpenters in our apartment all week. The mission is redoing the Asuoyeboa apartment and improving it in many ways. Of course it is just my luck that all of the improvements are coming as soon as I am leaving the apartment. But, I did hear that my new apartment is brand new. So, i will be enjoying! Because of this we didn't have much proselyting time. We had to stay in the apartment while they are working. 





On Saturday I went on exchanges to Abuakwa. I went to Abuakwa with Elder Crowley and Elder Yeboah came to Asuoyeboa with my companion. Every time I go to Abuakwa something crazy happens. We got lost again. Walking around the area for an hour trying to find a house. And then we taught a rastaman and a prophetess and got some free herbal medicine that apparently is a cure all. I tried some the other day and it honestly tastes like soap. It is horrible. 

Yesterday on my last Sunday in the area my companion and I had to give a talk. I spoke on the Gospel of Jesus Christ while my companion spoke on the Restoration of the Gospel. We had to split the whole time between the two of us. I actually gave over a twenty minute talk and it seemed very easy. The spirit is real and it really can give us promptings and guide us in life. 

Last Sunday in Asuoyeboah (Me, Elder Vaituulala, Elder Woaplah, and Elder Mubenga)

Last Sunday in Asuoyeboah (Elder Vaituulala)



I love you all so much! Tune in next week for pictures and a description of my new area. Till next week.

Love,
Elder Ordyna






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...