Monday, September 4, 2017

Music Festival and KFC



Hello family and friends!!

I hope everything is well at home. Life in Ghana continues to be amazing. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to wake up every morning in Ghana and be a missionary. My companion and I are continuing to have a lot of success. The spirit here in Asuoyeboa is so strong. We had three confirmations yesterday. Alfred and two of the Nigerian sisters (Goodness and Gifty). 


Sisters Goodness and Gifty Baptism 
Alfred's Baptism 

Tuesday- We left the apartment at 7:00 am to visit Bridgit who is preparing to be baptized this week. She is 15 and just moved into her Aunt's house who is a member. She has come to church plenty of times and wants to be baptized. All we have to do now is just teach her the lessons. When we left the apartment it was pouring rain and she only told us what junction she lived on and told us that she would meet us there. We took tro to her junction but she wasn't there. We were waiting for thirty minutes camped out under a little shed until she finally showed. Despite this we had a great lesson. She is really progressing and said that she read ten chapters in the Book of Mormon and loved it. It is awesome to see your investigators keep commitments and progress towards baptism. 

Wednesday- Highlight of today was KFC!!! We have a tradition in my apartment that every second Wednesday (last week of Sub) after mid week we would head over to KFC for dinner because it is very close. It is always amazing when we go.

Thursday- Today we had exchanges. My companion went with Elder Woplah while I went with Elder Vaituulala. At first I was a little nervous because I am almost done with training (three weeks!!!) and Elder Vaituulala just started. We are both very new to the mission and didn't know how it would go. It ended up being an awesome day. Elder Vaituulala and I taught 8 lessons in one day! We worked so hard and it was a lot of fun. Elder Vaituulala is a great missionary. 
Exchange with Elder Vaituulala 


Saturday- Today was the music festival at Bantama Stake Center. All of the wards and branches in the stake sing two songs. Improve the Shining Moments and then one of their choice. They are judged on how well they sing, their appearance and other points. Asuoyeboa 2 placed third in the whole stake. After the festival we made another KFC run. It was great. It's nice to have something every once in a while that reminds you of home. 

The weeks keep going by like crazy. We are already in September and soon I will reach my three month mark and will be done with training and onto my third transfer. 
Love you all!!
Love,
Elder Ordyna



Email from Elder Mubenga 
(I do not edit his letters, because I don't want to lose any of his thoughts in translation) 

hey family area is doing great through my study i learned something that i already know about persisting in doing hard things "That which we persist in doing becomes easier for is to do not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to do is increased" being over here with elder ordyna we felt that sometimes things is just very tough than we fot a very great taught and we know of no easy formula to success, we will persist, work, work, work is what counts in the battle of life my companion isn't a perfect missionary, but i am madly in love with the help, service and his diligence, i thank God for trusted me to be his companion. let us enjoy hard time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...