Monday, September 18, 2017

Zone Conference and three months




Hello Family and Friends,

It has been another really quick week out here in the field. I can't believe that I have already been out for three months. It has flown by! 

 Ghanaians are getting crazy here because the Ghana national team (the Black Stars) are one game away from qualifying for the World Cup. Everyone loves soccer over here including little kids. Everywhere you go you will see someone playing soccer. On Saturday night we were eating dinner at a member's home and they turned on the Mali and Ghana game. Mali is supposed to be one of the best teams in Africa. But, Ghana was doing very well against them. My companion and I left at halftime and started to walk back to our apartment because it was getting late. As we were walking I stopped to buy some pineapple and a group of people were watching the game. Literally thirty seconds later Ghana scored. And the place went absolutely crazy. People were screaming and yelling all over the place. Some guys were running up and down the street yelling Ghana Ghana Ghana!!! It was awesome. Ghana won and now if they win their next game against Niger they will qualify for the World Cup. 
My companion has also been really into soccer lately because his team DR Congo are doing very well and look to qualify soon as well. 

Wednesday- We had zone conference all day. We traveled to the Bantama Stake Center and it was my zone (Asuoyeboa) and Bantama zones combined. It was a very great conference. The zone leaders instructed on priesthood ordinances and the Assistants instructed on the Book of Mormon. As missionaries the Book of Mormon is one of our greatest tools. The Book of Mormon helps our investigators along the path of true conversion. Through the Book of Mormon one can come to know for themselves that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, The Church of Jesus Christ is Jesus Christ's church restored again to the Earth and that Jesus Christ lives and is the Savior of the world. Through my time in the field I have seen the power of the Book of Mormon. The promise in Moroni 10:3-5 really works. I have seen it in my life. Through study and prayer I have come to know that the Book of Mormon is true. But, I have also seen it in my investigators. During the first lesson we invite our investigators to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about it. The very next visit, every investigator that kept their commitment and read and prayed, all say that they have received their answer and know that it is true.

Zone conference was the highlight of the week. This week we focused on contacting. We went tracting all day Tuesday and Thursday to find new investigators. Here in Ghana tracting is a lot different than other missions. In all of my three months on mission no one has rejected us. Everyone here is so religious and are always happy to hear a message about Jesus Christ. The hard part is not trying to find people that will listen to you, it is trying to find serious people that will progress and come to church. Because everyone already goes to church and many are happy with their faith. But, this week we found some really solid people that I hope will progress.

Sadly, though I will not be in the area to see how it goes. I just got word today that I will be transferred from Asuoyeboa. It will be a very sad week. :( I have loved Asuoyeboa and all of the members and people that I have come to know here. I am still unsure which area I will be sent to but I will find out on Saturday and next week I will let you all know. 

I hope you all have a great week and I will talk to you all next week!!!

Love,
Elder Ordyna

Service Project for the Ward Relief Society President (Cutting Grass with a Cutlass)



Service Project for the Ward Relief Society President (Trimming Bushes)


Chilling after the Service Project with Ellen (member), Elder Vaituulala, and Elder Mubenga




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...