Monday, October 29, 2018

Mission Tour with President Nash, Africa West Area President - Oct. 23-29, 2018

Oct. 23-29, 2018

Mission Tour with Elder Nash

Hello everyone!!

Another great week out here in the great Ghana Kumasi Mission. It sure has been an inspiring and spiritual week for me. I received a lot of answers and confirmations from the spirit this week.  A lot of things were going on around the mission and in our area. 

I will start with around the area. While I was in the office I learned that the ward I am serving in now is the highest baptizing unit in our mission and while I have been here we are leading the mission in baptisms. There are many reasons for that but the biggest one is MEMBERS!! Out of every area that I have served here the members in Kwamo are on fire with missionary work. We are really working with them so well. They are giving us a lot of referrals and plenty of work to do which is amazing. We are practically baptizing one person a week. The work has been a lot of fun and great as we have worked effectively together with the members. We are planning to have six more baptisms on the 11th. So stay tuned for more information about that one.

Now about the amazing things that happened around the mission. This week President Nash came on a six-day mission tour of our mission. It all started on Tuesday evening when he called all of the zone leaders in person and asked them questions about the needs in the mission. It was so cool talking one on one with a general authority and having him listen to you!! It was such a great moment. Then the last couple of days was a straight spiritual feast. On Saturday we had a zone conference with President Nash. And we talked a lot about integrity, teaching with power and repentance. There are a lot of things going on inside the mission right now and President Nash talked directly about those problems and how we can be better missionaries today, tomorrow and for the rest of our mission. He talked a lot about what it means to really act like a missionary instead of just being one. The biggest thing that he talked about, that I feel was directed just to me. was to HOLD NOTHING BACK. We should serve every day and give 110% every single day. For the last stretch of my mission, I am going to sprint the whole day. Petal to the Metal basically and sprint all the way till the day I get released. 

MLC with Elder Nash

I love this gospel so much. I have gained such a great testimony of this gospel while I have served my mission. I came on mission with some doubts. But, now I can bear testimony to my investigators about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith with power and conviction because I know they are so true! Every lesson, just every day as a missionary makes my testimony grow and become bigger of the joys and happiness this gospel provides for all of us in this life. 

I love each one of you so much. And am so grateful for the examples and role models you are for me. Thank you so much for the support and love you send me every single day!!! Love you tons and talk to you next week!

Elder Ordyna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...