Monday, October 8, 2018

General Conference, FM's and Goodbyes




How many primary kids can you fit into a room?

Hey all!!!

This last week sure was a lot better than the last one. The work seriously improved so much and the transfer of strife is behind us. It was Elder Smith's last week on mission so we basically went around our area saying goodbye to people. The way people say goodbye here in Ghana is with food. Man, we probably had close to like ten free meals this week. It was a week full of eating and enjoying ourselves. The people here in Kwamo love missionaries so much, almost way too much. I had more Ghanaian food this last week than my entire mission combined. Elder Smith and I endured it together. 


The powerful Ejisu District (Elder Duncan and Elder Swasey: Kentinkrono, and Elder Okogbua and Elder Osuji: Ejisu)

The definite highlight of this last week was General Conference. Out here we were only able to watch the sessions on Saturday none of the Sunday sessions. So, I heard the announcement about 2-hour church. I was so inspired by General Conference this time around. It is so awesome watching it as a missionary. Coming to Ghana has seriously increased my testimony of this church. There is so much apostasy and false prophets here in Ghana, it makes The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints stand out like an absolute diamond. And conference just adds to that testimony. I know we have a living prophet on the Earth today and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's church on this Earth.

 The Leadership of Kwamo (Atobrah-Clerk, Bishop Prosper, Emmanuel-Second Counselor) 

Kwamo Ward members (Emmanuel Abula's family and Sister Ellen)

I encourage everyone to continue to live the gospel in their lives! Like President Nelson said I also encourage everyone to read the Book of Mormon every day! That book has so much power and inspiration inside its pages and can bless all of our lives if we study and apply its teachings. Love you all so much and hope you enjoy your week!

Love,
Elder Ordyna


Watching General Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...