Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A One Year Party and A Departure Devotional





President & Sister Cosgrave's Farewell Devotional



Family & Friends!!

This week sure has gone by so fast. I have been so grateful to be here in the office for these past couple months as the Cosgrave's are preparing to go and the Webster's are coming! Last night we had a departure devotional for the Cosgrave's. It was such an amazing night but also a sad night. They go home on Saturday, and the new mission president comes the same day. I have learned so much from the Cosgrave's. They exhibit so many Christlike attributes that I want to develop in my own life. 


Daban District (Elder Momotimi, Elder Banta, me and Elder Dennis)

This past week was pretty much a normal week. We were able to proselyte a lot this week, and we met a lot of new people. We continue to proselyte with Elvis and every day he gives us new people to teach. Sister Mavis is doing so well! She was able to come to church early to see the sacrament. My companion and I were asked by the Bishop to bless the sacrament. Before she walked in my companion and I was so worried that she wouldn't make it in time. Right after the opening prayer, we saw her, and her two kids walk in the door. We both were smiling, and she was so happy to have the opportunity to witness the sacrament. Sister Mavis is so prepared to enter the waters of baptism. This Saturday will officially be hers and her niece's baptism. 




One of the highlights of the week was I went with all of the people that came with me on mission at the same time. Here in Ghana, they give us a non-citizen id card (for those of us that are foreigners) that expires after a year. And since I just hit my year mark mine was coming to expire so we all went and renewed ours together and then went to go and eat at probably the best restaurant you could find out here, and it would still be considered a Mcdonald's back home. It sure was a lot of fun and seriously made my week to see all of them again. That was the first time that we all were gathered again since the first time we came to the mission home at the beginning of our mission's. 


TC's after Renewing our Non-Citizen ID Cards


Aboude's (Elder Westfall, Elder Kona, Elder White, Elder Vito and Elder Dennis)


Eating at Aboude's after renewing our Non-Citizen ID Cards


I have absolutely loved my first year of mission and everything that has happened so far. I am definitely looking forward to my last year and making it the best one yet. Love you all so much!!




Love,

Elder Ordyna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...