Monday, June 11, 2018

Survived Transfer Week and One Year

Daban District at a fried rice place (Elder Ellett, Elder Moak and Elder Momotimi)

All family and friends I send my greetings,

I decided to change up my heading for this email. It is officially the beginning of my year mark on the mission. The party is starting around here. In four days I will have spent one year out here in Ghana, which is pretty crazy. It definitely does not feel that long. 

We had usual transfers this week. Which means no sleep, plenty of driving around and dealing with missionaries that need help. That basically sums up my week in one sentence. But, I do have to admit it was also pretty awesome and fun at the same time, like every week on mission. 

Elder Moak and I visiting Brother Joshua's family (members) before transfers 

I am still in the office and officially have the tenth companion of my mission so far. His name is Elder Dennis and is from Wyoming. He is a great guy and ready to help me in the continuation of the overhaul of the GKM Office. Elder Moak and I started it and have made this place seriously so much more effective and more efficient. I thank my dad for all of his processing help and skills. Elder Dennis and I will continue it and prepare the way for the new mission president in a couple of weeks. 


My new companion Elder Dennis with the Cosgraves at the Cosgraves farewell zone conference


The funniest part of this week was Elder Porter. He is a missionary that was with us for the week and goes home on Wednesday. For his last week, President told him that he was a freelancer and basically could do whatever he wanted within the means of the missionary handbook. This guy pushed his title of "freelancer" to the utmost limits. He always referred to himself as Elder Freelancer Porter and changed the contact of his phone in all of the office phones to Freelancer. He was also firing everybody. We would have him call people, and he would say "This is Freelancer Porter We have a big issue in the office." He made things very active, and I honestly loved having him with us. He helped us a lot and was very productive. 


Francis Appiah Family

William Ward Clerk

Things continue to go well for us in the proselyting department. Ghana is just such a blessed country with so many believing people. One of the things that the apostles told us when they were here was that one of the first places Jesus Christ will visit during the Second Coming will be Ghana. We have been meeting such amazing people recently. We have had a lot of new investigators this week that seems really promising and I believe will progress as we continue to teach them. 


I have seriously learned so much serving the Lord out here in Ghana this past year. I am so grateful that I was called to this part of His vineyard. Ghana is an amazing country with more amazing people. Love you all and hope you all have a great week!!

Love, 
Elder Ordyna




Office Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...