Monday, November 6, 2017

"Landlord of Kenyase"





Dear family and friends,

I hope everyone ate plenty of candy for me this Halloween!! Out here in Ghana they don't celebrate Halloween, sadly. 

This week has been awesome!

On Wednesday Elder Kacher of the Seventy came to conduct a mission tour. It was sweet to meet a general authority. It was a really long meeting (lasting all day) but I learned so many things that will help me become an even better missionary and servant of the Lord. The thing that really stood out to me was how as missionaries we can work with members and Ward/Branch leaders. As a missionary it is really important that we work with the members and report our needs to our leaders. It makes the work so much easier and smoother. But, as members of the Church we all have the special responsibility of sharing the gospel with our friends. I challenge everyone this week to share the gospel with someone. I can promise that it won't only bless your friend but you will also receive happiness and joy as well. 

Elder Buabin's Last Sunday (Sampson the Fried Rice Guy)


On Friday we received transfer news. To my surprise I will be staying here in Kenyase. My companion is going to Asokwa to whitewash (when both missionaries leave an area) and train a new missionary. I will also be training here in Kenyase and I will replace my companion as the new district leader. I am excited to stay here in Kenyase. There is a lot of work to do in Kenyase. Not just missionary work but also helping and improving the branch here. My companion has been in this area for 6 months and knows everyone. He has been called the Landlord of Kenyase by the Branch President. All day on Sunday after church we went around to everyone and said good-bye and ate a lot of food! But, now that he is going home the Branch President has called me the new "Landlord of Kenyase". This upcoming transfer will be full of change. A lot of our investigators only speak Twi no English because my companion can speak Twi and the chance that my new companion can speak Twi is very low. The members in the branch are not very active when it comes to missionary work so if we can't get one of them to come translate for us sadly we will have to drop them. That is the hard part about Kenyase. A lot of people speak Twi and not a lot speak English. So, it will be a challenge but I know that the work will continue. 

I hope you all have a great week!!!

Love,

Elder Ordyna

Mission Tour with Elder Kacher (Konongo, Kwamo, Dichemso and UST Zones)























No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...