Monday, August 21, 2017

Success




Companionships in our Aprtment-  Elder Vaitulala & Elder Woplah - Elder Ordyna & Elder Mubenga


Hello Family and Friends!!

This week has been amazing! I have received a new companion and there is a brand new missionary in my apartment from Texas. I have been helping him out a lot. I know exactly what he is experiencing!! After almost three months here, I can say that I am pretty accustomed to life in Ghana. 

On Wednesday I went to Metro Mass to pick up my new companion. On transfer day all of the missionaries in Kumasi meet at Metro Mass for transfers. So, it was awesome to see the other missionaries. All of the Elders and Sisters in this mission are amazing. My new companion is Elder Mubenga from DR Congo. He is a really powerful guy and a hardworking missionary. We are having a lot of fun together. 

Thursday I showed my companion around the area. The hard part about Kumasi is that there are no addresses or street names. All of the streets are dirt and are arranged like a maze. With Elder Speakman we would get lost all of the time and I was stressing out because I knew that I would have to show my next companion around. But, luckily after being in the area for a month and a half I have come to know the area very well. I have been able to show Elder Mubenga around with no problem. Even though I am still in training it is pretty sweet to show my trainer around and be the one that knows the area the best. We continue to have much success here in Asuoyeboa. Every day we have received referrals from the ward members which have turned out to be super serious.

 On Friday we went out to our farthest area called Tanoso. As we were walking down the street we saw a man washing his car. My companion asked him if he needed any help. He declined but asked us who we are and what we do. We told him and he instantly had interest and wanted us to tech him. His name is Gilbert. We taught him lesson one and when we got to Joseph Smith we found out that he has done a lot of research on Joseph Smith and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He told us that he studied religions in college. While he was studying about Joseph Smith he found out about the Book of Mormon and has wanted to read it ever since. We gave him one and invited him to church. After the lesson my companion and I talked about that experience. During the lesson the spirit was the strongest I have felt on my mission so far. I knew that the words that I said were directly from the Holy Ghost and were exactly what Gilbert needed to hear at that given moment. We talked about how if we never asked him if we could help him we would have never found him. The power of the Holy Ghost is real. It truly testifies of the truthfulness of the gospel. 

This week we have worked very, very hard. (over 50 proselyting hours) And on Sunday we saw the fruits of our labors. We had 12 investigators on Sunday! The most I have had so far. And after church we had three of our investigators come up to us and ask us if they could be baptized that day. Two of them Alfred and Ernest have come to church three times and are preparing to be baptized next Sunday. The third was Gilbert. We will have baptisms every week this transfer which will be awesome!

I have had a great week and hope that all of you have a great week!!
Love,


Elder Ordyna


Elder Woplah and I Popping Elder Mubenga's Back




The Apartment Chilling at Bishop Owusu's House





Asuoyeboah and Dichemso Zone Conference






2nd Trainer Elder Mubenga







The Squad (Elder Woplah, Me, Elder Vaituulala)



The Posterity (Elder Mubenga trained Me and Elder Crossley, Elder Crossley trained Elder Okogbua)













































No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...