Monday, August 14, 2017

Change, Change and more Change



Last picture with Elder Speakman
Aug. 7-13 2017 

Hello Family and Friends,

Hope your week has been great!! This week has been crazy. There have been changes around the whole mission. They have opened two new zones and have had to close areas because there has been a decrease in missionaries. Plus, one of the elders in my apartment has been called as the new assistant and he left very early so we were in a three person companionship for a couple days. 

It has also been a very sad week. It was Elder Speakman's last week in Ghana. We made a countdown for him to countdown the days until he is gone. I can't believe I have already spent six weeks with him. I have learned so much from him and have enjoyed my time with him. He goes to the mission home in a little bit and I will be with Elder Woplah until Wednesday. Elder Woplah is training a new missionary this next transfer which will be sweet. We will have a brand new missionary in the apartment and finally I won't be one of the youngest missionaries in the mission. 


Asuoyeboah and Abuakwa District (Elder Johnson, Elder Okon, Elder Kayitare, Elder Yeboah, Elder Woplah, Elder Nygren, Elder Speakman, and Me)

My new companion will be Elder Mubenga. He has been out for over a year and is from the Democratic Republic of Congo. I haven't met him yet but I have heard he is a really hard worker and loves to joke and have fun. It will be a lot different but a great experience at the same time. He will be my trainer but will be new to the area so I will have to show him around. We will see how well I know my area. We might get lost a couple times. Haha He will also be the new district leader. Which will be cool because I will travel to different areas for exchanges and baptismal interviews. 


Mary's Baptism 

On Elder Speakman's last Sunday we had a baptism. Which was way cool for him. We were supposed to have one more but Sister Christiana has had a very difficult pregnancy and wasn't well enough to meet with President Cosgrave. We hope that this week she will be able to have her interview and be baptized. The first couple weeks of the transfer we were having a very difficult time. We didn't know our area at all. We had no idea where any of the members lived or all of the parts of the area. We had to work super hard and at times I was getting very discouraged because all of our hard work seemed like it was in vain. But, Elder Speakman told me that during the hardest moments is when you work the hardest. So, we didn't give up but continue to go out and be the best missionaries that we could. And because we have continued to persevere and work hard we have found so much success. On Sunday we had 8 investigators at church. Six of which are preparing to be baptized in the coming weeks. I know without a doubt that this is truly the Lord's work. Everyday I am grateful for the wonderful opportunity I have to serve a mission and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ here in Ghana. It has been hard, but I have loved every minute of it. 
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!! 



Love,

Elder Ordyna


Elder Speakman's Last Sunday (Sandra Owusu, Bishop's Daughter)

Elder Speakman's Last Sunday (Freddie Owesu, Bishop's Son)





1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed reading that you are happy and well and the success you are having. You are associating with some great people. What wonderful memories you are making together. We appreciate everyone's service. We pray for your continued success and protection always. Love, G.O. And G.O.

    ReplyDelete

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...