Monday, January 7, 2019

The Town of Chicken - Jan. 1-7, 2019

Jan. 1-7, 2019



Nkawkaw Mountains - The Town of Chicken 

 Happy New Year everybody!

Hope everyone is enjoying 2019 as much as I am. 2019 has been a really great year for me so far and I am very excited about the future.

As promised, I have transfer news for everyone! I have left Kumasi and am all the way out in the Far East of the mission in a small town called Nkawkaw (2-3 hours away from Kumasi). In Twi the translation for Nkwawkaw is Chicken. So, in all seriousness, the town is called Chicken in English which I think is pretty funny. The name fits very well because it is straight bush, and you will see chickens running around everywhere you go. But, anyways things out here have been awesome. My companion is named Elder George and he is from Sierra Leone. He is an awesome guy and we will seriously do some serious work together this transfer. He will be transferred at the end of the transfer and will be going home very soon. 

The Great and Mighty Konongo Zone Leaders - Elder George and Elder Ordyna 

The area is nothing like Kwamo. It is basically the complete opposite in every way. I went from two super powerful wards in the city to a small tiny branch out in the middle of nowhere. This place is straight bush, but I am enjoying everything about it. We have some cool views and proselyting is pretty much walking through the jungle. The members are super powerful and are really strong in everything but missionary work. Missionary work is all on us. Surprisingly there are a lot of well-educated people out here and so far, we have really relied on the Lord and faith to find. Right now, we are seeing the results though. We have some people with some serious potential. I just hope that things will continue to increase in the coming weeks.

I love you all so much and hope you guys have a wonderful week. Next week I will have more info about the area.

 I love you all and hope everyone continues to enjoy life.

Love,

Elder Ordyna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...