Monday, November 19, 2018

Lucky 13th Transfer - Nov.13-19, 2018

Nov.13-19, 2018
Me and Brother Atobrah (a returned missionary that goes proselyting with us almost every day)

Hello family and friends!!

It has been another great week out here. As a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ, every week is great. Teaching the restored gospel to many people each week really has given me some serious happiness and joy. I have really loved every moment of every second. Mission has strengthened my testimony of this gospel so much and I can now say that the gospel has truly changed my life so much. Every lesson I teach, every person I talk to, and every time I study my faith in Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father grow. 

Today officially begins my 13th transfer on mission. I call it the lucky 13th because it is the transfer when I hit my 18-month mark and the sisters that came on mission with me go home. Last six months on mission is approaching very soon. But, as I look back on how fast time flew it seems so short but I know I have grown and have learned so much and have had so many great experiences. 

This week we had another normal week. A lot of teaching and talking with people. We were able to also find a lot of people that seem really interested as well as some referrals from the members. I can really see the hand of the Lord in this area. The Lord sure is blessing us here in Kwamo. People are coming out of everywhere to come to the truth lately and I know it is the Lord that is preparing their hearts for the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ that we have to share with them. 

One great experience I was able to have this week was to go on exchanges to the farthest area of our zone. President Webster put us on the task of scoping and exploring a place called Ejura for a potential group. Mampong (the farthest area in our zone) is a two-hour journey from Kwamo and then Ejura is another hour from there. It was seriously far and the travel was plenty but it was a great adventure. The taxis we rode in were basically made in the '80s and I thought it would fall apart along the way on the terrible roads but we made it there and back very safely. Seriously cool to go so far away for a special assignment from mission president. Ejura is a completely different world from Kwamo. It has a great foundation and with a group where the church will really grow a lot. It is also really great to go on exchange with our zone members and to see how things are going and to get to know them better. The Mampong elders are doing amazing work and really enjoying things. Everyone in Kwamo Zone is doing super well and there is some serious success and hard work being done right now out here in the wide and spacious bush zone of Ghana Kumasi Mission. 



getting a haircut out here by Edward, one of our recent converts

Love you all so much. And hope each one of you has a great and enjoyable Thanksgiving!! Eat a lot of turkey and mashed potatoes for me! Don't worry though in return I will make sure to eat a giant bowl of FUFU with groundnut soup!! Enjoy the week!

Love,
Elder Ordyna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...