Monday, March 19, 2018

THE OFFICE


Elder Ordyna and Elder Moak 
Dear family and friends,

Nothing too exciting happened this week. For me, the first week so far here in the office has been pretty boring. Nothing really happens around here. I was only able to proselyte only 15 hours this week coming from a missionary that is used to 45-50 hours a week. It will definitely try my patience here in the office. One of the mottos that I have heard about office elders is that "We have to think for the other missionaries. Because they can't think for themselves". Already in the short week that I have been here, I can truly see that is true.  (Just kidding)

Picking up the New Missionaries from the Airport

Saying Goodbye to the Departing Missionaries

The craziest day of my mission so far was probably this last transfer day. My companion and I were in charge of getting missionaries to and from Metro Mass (the headquarters of where we do transfers). We were basically like the shuttle service for the whole mission. It was seriously stressful because we had to make sure missionaries were on time for their meetings at the mission home as well for their tros and buses to their new areas.

Relaxing as an Apartment at Big Bob's Burgers (Elder Moak, Ordyna, Ellett and Momotimi)

Office Life (Elder Moak, Elder Ordyna)

But after all, I get to FLEX!! I sit in an a/c office and get a car with a/c, so life is pretty sweet right now. I am seriously missing normal missionary schedule right now, but I know that I am here in the office for a reason. And the skills and attributes that I will gain while serving here will bless me for the rest of my life. On a side note, we get a new mission president in about one more transfer, and I will be in the office when he comes so I will be able to help him get adjusted and all of those things. It will be seriously sweet. I am already enjoying this place, and the Daaban Branch is seriously powerful. It is very close to becoming a ward.

Office P-Day Activities- Vacuuming out the Truck



This week I had a seriously powerful spiritual experience. We went out proselyting with one of our powerful members named Elvis to a Frafra family from Upper East Region. Apparently, they really want to go to church and are super interested in the gospel. But, while we were sitting down and talking with them, a man named Bonaface came over and joined us. His name means beautiful face in Twi. After we began speaking with him and invited him to church, he said that he would come tomorrow and forever. When he said that, I didn't really think anything of it because the majority of the people that we meet say that they will come to church just because that is what they know we want to hear not because they have a desire to come to church. On Sunday when we walked into the chapel at 8:30 am (church starts at 9) he was sitting in the front row anxiously waiting for the service to begin. When we started talking with him, we got his full story. Saturday night he was walking down the trail, and then he saw us, and he said that he had a huge feeling that he needed to come over and join us in our lesson. He didn't know why or even how he sat down next to us before he knew it he was right by us listening very attentively. A member told us that Bonaface called him at 6, then 6:30, then 7, then 7:30 all the way till 8 just asking him if it was time for church yet. He was so serious and excited about coming to church. He absolutely loved church, and when I asked him if he will come back next week he said absolutely and every Sunday from here going, investigators like Bonaface make me so happy. They are so ready to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that missionary work is Heavenly Work's and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints truly is Jesus Christ's church on the worth. I experience new things every day while out here on the mission that adds to my testimony of the Restored Gospel. I am so grateful to be on a mission especially out here in the best mission ever Ghana Kumasi Mission. I love and miss all of you.

Love,
Elder Ordyna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...