Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Last Days in Techiman





Dad and Mom,

Don't worry!!! I am okay. I haven't gotten eaten by a lion or anything. 

Good evening my time! I am currently at the office emailing. I have seriously had a crazy past couple of days! Last friday President Cosgrave called me about my new transfer news. I left Techiman on Monday and travelled to Kumasi by my self! That was definitly one of the craziest experiences of my life. The zone leaders didn't tell me where to get off and I didn't have a phone. Luckily, I used the driver's to call the assistants to come pick me up and I know Kumasi super well or I would have been in big trouble. I was the last one on the Tro and we got stuck in some serious traffic on the way. I was seriously scared and felt really alone. I felt like I should pray so I prayed that everything would work out. My prayer was instantly answered. As soon as I finished my prayer the driver told me to grab my things and he would help me to walk it to the station and I was able to use his phone too to call the assistants. Plus, as soon as I got to the station the assistants were already there ready for me before I even called. My prayer was definitely answered that day and I know that God listens and truly answers us when we pray for his help. He is waiting and wants to help us we just need to have faith and pray to him. 

I am now officially safe here in Kumasi at the mission home. And guess what? I am now the new office elder. Yup I know pretty weird huh. Now I am the nerdy missionary that sits in the office and does paperwork and things on the computer. I was seriously shocked when President called me and told me the news. My area in Techiman is being whitewashed (when both missionaries are leaving an area) even after it is seriously exploding. Elder Westfall and I have had some serious powerful success there lately and are leaving it in great shape for the new missionaries that will come.
Office life is already so much different than being a normal proselyting missionary. We get a car that we can drive around and we are always busy. It will be something very different and I am not sure how it will be. I remember a couple transfers ago President asking me if I wanted to be an office elder. And at that time I told him not really I really want to stay in the field. After that he called me to train. Well, now I am here in the office. I will prepare the way for the brand new mission president that we will be getting in June, President Webster. We are currently getting ready for transfer day tomorrow. One of the craziest and busiest days for us. We have to run people around all of Kumasi and make sure they get to all of their new areas on time and quickly. I will tell you more about how everything goes next week!! Hope everything is all well back home and Mission to Mexico is going great! Can't wait to see pictures!! 

Love,
Elder Ordyna

Elder Ayeque (Creator of the Song It's Techiman)

Desmond (Vatican City Branch Mission Leader)

Philipson (Member)

Sandra and Raymond (Members)





                                                              









No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...