Monday, January 15, 2018

Zone Activity Lake Bosomtwe



Dichemso Zone (8 elders and 6 sisters)









Dear Family and Friends,

I am emailing again today which means another week is here and gone. Time seems like it is going much faster this year. 

I started off the week by attending a zone activity on Monday. All of us in the Dichemso Zone (8 elders and 6 sisters) took Tro-Tro two hours away straight up through bush to get to a sweet lake. It is the biggest artificial lake in Africa. Apparently, it was created by a meteor crashing into Earth. The journey to get there was a little sketchy at times though. The road was very narrow and terrible. There was a lot of winding and sheer drop-offs on the sides of us but we made it in and out with no injuries. It was the sweetest place I have been to so far on the mission. I even saw a monkey swinging in the trees so that was pretty cool. No elephants yet sadly. I heard something that the wildlife preservation societies have corralled all of them into a preservation in Northwest Ghana so now there are no more in the "wild". We had a great time at the lake playing volleyball, soccer and eating fried rice as a zone. 

We had zone conference and I met with President Cosgrave. He didn't hint at any transfer news this time so I have no idea what will happen to me in two weeks when the transfer ends. But, I am thinking that I will leave Kenyasi and my companion will stay. The mission is so big and there are so many areas, that you never really know exactly where you will go next. 

I have loved my time so far here in Kenyasi. Getting to know the members is the most fun part of missionary work. Here in Kenyasi, I have some seriously awesome members that I will really miss. 

I was reading this week in Alma about the big Nephite and Lamanite wars. One thing that stood out to me as I was reading was that at the beginning Captain Moroni fortified some of the Nephite cities and the Lamanites were unable to penetrate them because the Nephites were prepared and fortified against the attacks of their enemies. IT is the same thing with us. If we prepare ourselves against the attacks of the adversary (temptations) by keeping the commandments, studying the scriptures, praying, going to church etc. then they will have no effect on us. 

I love you all and hope you all have a great week!
Love,

Elder Ordyna

Hiking through a Plantation to the Beach
Traveling Home in the Tro-Tro







No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...