Monday, December 18, 2017

6 Month Mark!





Dear Family and Friends,

Well... the funeral is finally over and we are off of lockdown now. Back to normal proselyting time. This past week I also hit my six-month mark! Time has definitely flown and it does not feel like I have been out that long! Every day of my mission so far has been filled with adventures and memories. Everything in Ghana is becoming normal now. Seeing chickens and goats running around everywhere isn't a crazy moment anymore. My Twi is getting pretty good and now I can understand 50% when people talk. 


The Kenyasi-Buokrom District (Elder Buhler, Elder Gbettie, Elder Lephoyo, Elder Bamba and Me)

This week has been another sweet week! The mission Christmas present this year is a blender for every apartment. Of course, I have been using that thing! I am basically going all out with smoothies and milkshakes. I had another exchange with Elder Buhler and we made some pretty great milkshakes. 





The Companionship at the Dichemso Stake Christmas Celebration (Elder Lephoyo, Me, Elder Bamba)
Sister Gifty's Baptism (Me, The Boakye Brothers, Gifty, Elder Bamba and Elder Lephoyo)


This past week on Friday I hit my six-month mark on the mission, the best gift I could possibly receive, I was able to see the members and recent converts from my last area Asuoyeboa 2. All of the stakes in Kumasi came together last Friday for a Christmas celebration. It was full of singing and dancing. It really helped me to get into the Christmas spirit.


Branch Christmas Party with Investigator Musah


Making Gingerbread Houses (Elder Tonga, Elder Schmidt, Me, Elder Buhler)

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a great week! Light the World this week and help others receive the light of Christ that blesses our lives every day! 

Love,
Elder Ordyna
Favorite Fried Rice Vendor (AZITO BABY) 

Kids Running Down the Street by the Kenyasi Chapel



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...