Monday, March 11, 2019

Spring Break - March 5-11, 2019

Hope you are all doing super well,

I don't have much time today so it will be super short today but I will attach some pics at the end.

Good Morning!! Looks like you really enjoyed an amazing week out there in Mexico!!! looks like a lot of fun. But, don't worry i have been having my own fun out here as well. Ghana is a lot cooler than Mexico, I can promise you that one.😉  It is like a fun park every day out here. I am dodging cars, throwing rocks at goats and chickens and even balancing my self on gutters. Alongside all of the fun things I am also having the most joy and happiness I can possibly have while sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone here in THE TOWN. I have put my hard work and sweat into this area literally. Ghana is the hottest place I have ever been to, even more than AZ. My shirt is soaked even when I am sitting down teaching a lesson. We  have a mission saying out here: How Hot is the Sun? As Fun as the Work!! 


We had a great week filled with travels to Kumasi for Mission Leadership Training and then just roaming around the bush out here trying to talk with as many people as we can. The highlight of the week is that while we were out we found a couple powerful people that have some promise. Out here you never know how someone will be because everyone will sit with you and talk about the gospel. They seem real interested at first but as time goes on you realize that they have no desire to change churches or change their lifestyle just to talk about Jesus Christ. We were hoping for two baptisms this next week but some things came up and it will have to be pushed back a couple of weeks.

Miracle: On Thursday we came back from MLC. The journey was really long and we were sitting in a crappy tro-tro smashed between people and when you add all of those things up it equals two super tired Elders. We dropped at Hotel Junction leading to our apartment and started grabbing our boxes of Books of Mormon and pamphlets and other supplies for the zone from the tro. My companion put down his scripture bag in the tro to help and before we knew it the tro was gone with his scripture bag inside. We hopped in a taxi as fast as we could to see if we could follow it but it was long gone. We thought it was long gone and we would never see them again. But, out of nowhere the next morning the tro driver knocked at our door holding my companion's scriptures. It was a serious miralce. We don't even know how he found our place but it was amazing. 

I hope all of you have a great week! Talk to you more next week!

I love you all so much and will see you in a short three months. Hope you all can be patient and keep enduring like I am and won't be freaking out in the coming weeks. I can't believe I have spent almost two years already out here in Africa and in three months it will all be memories. But, I have plenty of stories and pictures to tell you all. That first night we might be up all night if I won't be too tired getting off the plane. Love you all so much!!!!!

Love,
Elder Ordyna

PPS- In two weeks I will be released as zone leader and will be getting a new missionary to train for my last 12 weeks!!! I am so excited!! just so you all know my transfer news. After this transfer you won't have to worry about my transfer news anymore because it will be my last area and my last companion!!! Hallelujah!!!! I'm coming home!!!!

Waiting for the sister's baptism to start. I was bored and took a picture of the green water. Pretty much normal over here. 

Kofi and his family. the guy we found out in the bush. he has now come to church 4 times. we are just waiting for the marriage and everything to finalize before we can baptize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...