Monday, May 7, 2018

Hurricane Daban

May 1-7, 2018
Baptism picture (Mary, Phillipa, Kenneth, Jessica) with Elders Ordyna, Ellett, Momotimi, Moak and Schmidt plus member Elvis



Dear family and friends,


This week was definitely another sweet one out here in glorious Daban. The members are still so motivated to do missionary work and helping us in so many ways. Daban is the newest ward in Ghana, but it is still the most powerful one in all of Ghana. We had a four-person baptism this last week, and all of them were referrals from ward members. I have seriously learned how important members are to missionary work. The work goes a lot easier, and the investigators progress a lot better and quicker when members are fully involved. 

Kenneth with his sweet Kente scripture bag that my companion and I gave him. This guy was one of the people baptized last Saturday. And seriously powerful and will definitely serve a mission in a few years.

Investigators at Church

This past week we had a crazy powerful storm. It was another hurricane-like storm. Sorry.. do not get alarmed at my title. We did not have a hurricane hit here we are too far from the ocean, just a huge hurricane-like storm. I have seen plenty of storms here in Ghana. It rains every day here and when it rains it rains non stop for like three hours. But, the storms have seriously gotten worse and worse. I have never seen a storm flood before out here. But, in this last storm, it flooded absolutely everywhere! There were feet of water. A lot of roads closed because the water was extremely high, cars couldn't drive through, and all of the gutters and things overflowed. There were even thousands of houses that got flooded. This past Sunday only like a quarter of the members of the ward were at church yesterday because the majority of their house's flooded and were cleaning up afterward. So, we have been going around and doing a lot of service for people. It was the craziest rain storm and the most water I have ever seen. I absolutely love the feeling that I get when serving.

A house literally built on a rock

My companionship at a members house while we were helping them clean up after the rainstorm

Mission life is amazing, and I am enjoying every minute of it. In a month I will be at my one year mark!!

Love,
Elder Ordyna

Great Warrior 

Cars in the Mission Home parking lot 

Don't Bribe the Police


Have you read your Bible today? Every Tro-Tro or taxi in Kumasi you will see inspirational and religion
quotes on the back.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...