Monday, April 1, 2019

The Sweet and Amazing Area - March 26-April 1, 2019

Hey, all it is Elder Ordyna once again!!

Wow!! I had an amazing week filled with so many wonderful things. 

The ultimate peak of the week was picking up my new companion from the mission home on Wednesday. I traveled to Kumasi the night before and we hit up the mall as well as KFC. It was probably my last time eating at KFC in Ghana before I come home and eat the real thing. We completely chilled that night and then in the morning, I went super early to the mission home. 

I am training a guy from Spanish Fork, Utah which is pretty dope. It has certainly been a lot of fun showing him the ropes of missionary work and showing him how to survive in Ghana. It has been filled with a lot of laughter and plenty of jokes. It is a real blessing to train a missionary straight from the MTC. Elder Skiba has plenty of spirit and is helping me to continue my last couple of weeks. We have been working so hard and having so much success as well.

I have now been transferred to Konongo which is basically The Town 2. It is directly inbetween Nkawkaw and Kumasi. All I can say is that this place is absolutely amazing. The missionary work out here is going so well. The place is way smaller than Nkawkaw and basically a straight village compared to Kumasi but there are 6 units of the church here. 3 wards and 3 branches. There are three companionships of missionaries here and each of us are over a branch and a ward. And we are the most special companionship out of all of them because we get the amazing pleasure to worship at the church building that was actually built by the church. People around call it the Beautiful Temple. Plus, this is the first area that I have served in here in Ghana where there aren't any main negative things about the church going around. Basically everyone loves it so much. We are having a lot of success finding people and helping them come to church. Plus, random people come to church all of the time. Sunday we had one lady come for the first time and then about an hour after church another guy came by just randomly asking when church is. WE talked with him and now have an appointment to meet with him tonight which is way cool. We have only been in the area for 4 days but already have a baptism lined up for this Saturday as well as next week with many more to come.

The members are also some of the coolest ones I have met my whole time in Ghana. Like three of them came up to us and said that they want to help us so much because they never got a chance to serve mission. They are so active in missionary work it is absolutely crazy. This last week we had 10 new investigators taught with 7 baptismal dates places. It was an absolutely great week. It is an absolute blessing to be able to end my mission in such an amazing place!! I will certainly live up every single second I have left!! Next week I will share more about the area and the investigators that we have been working on. Right now we are experiencing some serious success and miracles around every corner.

Love you all and hope you all have a great week! Till next time!!
Love,
Elder Ordyna


Farewell to the Town (Nkawkaw)

KFC with Elder Neilson before transfers

Stopped in Kwamo to get a haircut and visited with Atobrah on the way to the mission home

My posterity on mission (from left to right: Elder Bamba (my first son), Elder Afa (my grandson trained by Elder Bamba), Elder Skiba (my second son) and then me)

Me and my second son (Elder Skiba) at transfers

Chillin in a malaria tent that we made. The power was out so it was super hot inside the apartment so we slept outside in this so we didn't get bitten by killer malaria mosquitoes. It was pretty sweet. Reminded me of my emergency preparedness days in Boy Scouts.

Elder Buhler and I



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Funerals and Other Fun Stuff - June 10, 2019

Hey all, This could possibly be my last email home from Ghana! Not sure if I will have much time next week. I am trying to figure ou...